Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Blues

I thought it was quite appropriate to have a title like this, around this time of year. Christmas is over, monies all spent and everyone's a little bit fatter. On the other hand...the real reason I wanted to use it was, as this week everything's been coming in blue. 

Firstly (and most excitingly) I finally got the new desk I was very much looking forward to. Aaaaah a place to work, not exactly a workshop, but a child-free, clutter free (for how long??) space all of my own to make and create (hopefully in peace!).

At first the lovely 60s blue table looked a bit lonely and bleak...

And as it seems...things come in three (as they say) and so blue things come in three too...

Not only did I find a fab blue desk at the huge vintage/antique/junk shop...I found this high waisted skirt in my size, with BLUE strawberries!! How exciting!


And last but not least, I was on the look out for more kitchenware and dishes to make another readymade cake tier tray/stand. And of course...it had to be blue...

It's still a work in progress as I'm not entirely sure about the top piece, but all will be glued ever so well. Loving the pale blue teacups though.

So...new desk in place, I got a little excited to fill it with some of my ceramics and odd bits of things I've made over the years.

Just for a bit of personal inspiration...

Selection of purses I made last year... really need to fix my sewing machine and get another pedal!

I love this mustard.

I know it's not exactly something I've made...or...hang on...it is!! It's a ceramic replication of French's Mustard. Nah, I'm lying. I just love it so much, I've been eating it on pretty much everything and has such a pickly lovely scrummy flavour, that I thought it definitely deserved a place on my blog. Plus, the colours just look really good with the new blue desk. AND I discovered it when with our good friends from Sound Art Radio at their fantastic Halloween event, Fete Worse Than Death when I tucked into one too many veggie hotdogs.

Not 100% complete Penny Farthing Man, shadow puppet.

I've also recently been working on a project with Ergo Phizmiz. I've been animating and making shadow puppets. You can view more on the piece at 'Fulcanelli's Shoes'.

Marlene wanted to get in on the action, upon my desk...

You must look here at this... Through The Round Window A lovely lady by the name of Flora makes these wonderful, colourful stained glass items. 

I love 'em


These egg men all have magnificent names too...


And lastly...another friend by the name of Rosalind creates these one off treasures, that are rather appealing at Rhen Designs

This one's my favourite

And this is pretty special too!
Ah, time to put kinder eggs in bed before my head explodes...

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Your desk and your potteries are beeeyoooteeful!

Also, I love mustard, and that skirt is really cute! Hurrah for blue!

Miss Moopette said...

Why thank you. And yes, thank you blue for being such a good colour.
I love the skirt...just need to find a top that goes well with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...